Course 3089 Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
The Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux course (3089 v3) helps you get the hands-on experience you need with the Linux platform so you can begin to implement Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) 2 services. The first five sections of the course essentially focus on the OES 2 services--installing SLES 10 SP2 and OES 2 SP1, and using iManager and other familiar tools to configure and administer services such as NCP, NSS, and Domain Services for Windows. You will install several OES 2 services, use the start and stop scripts for these services, and view their configuration and log files.
The last five sections of the course focus on the basics of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server platform (SLES 10 SP1).
After taking this course, you will:
* Understand the basics of the OES 2 Linux server platform .
* Install a new OES 2 Linux server.
* Install Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
* Configure Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
* Maintain Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
* Install and configure Domain Services for Windows.
* Perform basic SLES server administration and configuration tasks on an OES 2 Linux server.